School-year Camp Days Program Information
We are pleased to announce Janney+ Distance Learning Fall Camp. Sign up here.
Here are the details:
- Camp to be held daily Monday through Friday, approximately 8:30am -1:00pm, at Embassy Row Church, 3855 Massachusetts Ave NW
- Camp will start Monday, 9/21/20 and go for 7 weeks through Friday 11/6/20
- Camp will cost $2500 per child for this entire period (only $16.23 an hour)
- Registration will open Monday 8/31, at 7pm, on a first-come, first-served basis, for a maximum of 88 students
- Camp will only be offered to Janney students
- When possible, we will follow the pre-existing classes formed by Principal Lutz
- The number of classroom and pods will be determined by enrollment- Pod size is 11 children and 1 adult
- Camp to be staffed by Janney+ Employees
- Arrival will be staggered between 8 and 8:30am, and departure will be staggered between 12:30 and 1pm
- The main mission will be the support and assistance of distance learning assignments, as well as provide opportunities for activities and play
- A minimum of 77 students is required to move forward with the program. An exclusive window to those who expressed interest from the last communication will close Wednesday 9/2 at 5pm, upon which the program will be offered to the general Janney community
- The registration will close for all Friday, 9/4, at 5pm
Sign Up Here
You and your child’s health and safety are of the utmost importance to us. To that end:
- Janney+ has formed a 5 person Medical Advisory Committee led by Janney parent experts with diverse medical backgrounds to advise us on our policies, procedures, and protocols. You can expect these documents by Friday September 4th.
- Nurse Ros Peakes, with her decades of experience dealing with the Janney Community, has joined the Board as a full time at-large member.
- An email with more specific details related to entering and exiting the building, daily health screenings, temperature checks, use of PPE, mask requirements, snack policies, student teacher ratios, cleaning protocols, device based policies, and what to do if you become sick will be forthcoming on Friday, September 4th.
See the JAC web page for policies and procedures that apply to Janney+ Camp; specifically, pick-up and sign-out requirements and behavioral expectations. A complete reporting of our policies and procedures for the 2019-2020 school year is in our 2019-20 Janney Parent Handbook received upon registration in your Campsite Parent Dashboard.
Our programs use the Campsite registration system. You may log in to your family’s Campsite account to register or view your current registrations, pay a balance, complete your children’s enrollment forms and change enrollment details, and update your family information. If needed, create your Campsite account using the link at the bottom of the log in page.
Dates and rates for 2019-20 school year camp days are below. Note that consecutive camp days are no longer a bundled registration. Registration is required for each day that a camper attends. Regular hours are 8:30-3:00p.m. with Extended Day hours offered from 3:00-6:00p.m.
For all camp days, full payment is due upon registration. If you register for camp days and are placed on the waitlist, you will be notified if space becomes available. Janney+ policy is to not provide refunds for cancellations although it may be considered at the discretion of the JAC Director if there is a waitlist. If a refund is granted, there is a $15 fee for cancellations. If your child is on the waitlist and is withdrawn prior to payment being made, you are not responsible for payment. You must email JAC@janneyschool.org to be removed from the Campsite waitlist. We cannot guarantee registration fee refunds for camp programs when cancelled due to inclement weather, school building closure, or other acts beyond our control.
Janney+ is a parent-run non-profit. Tax ID: 82-101-5792.