DCPS & Janney School Policies
See below for important links to DCPS and Janney School Policies.
- Prevention of Student Sexual Abuse by Staff Policy
- DCPS Volunteer Clearance Process
- ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST:
- Complete online application; you may list “Principal Alysia Lutz” as the POC at Janney
- Bring government-issued photo ID and proof of a negative TB test from the past two years to complete fingerprinting process at Janney or DCPS Central Office
- Forward clearance letter to email@example.com. You should receive this letter via email within 3-10 days of completing the fingerprinting process
- DCPS Attendance and Truancy Policy
- Release of Student Records Policy
- Enrollment Policy
- Acceptable Use of Technology Policy
- Student Cell Phone Use Policy
- All student cell phones must be powered off and remain in a student’s backpack during school hours. Please note that administration reserves the right to take a student’s cell phone if in use and that a parent or guardian would then need to pick up the phone directly from the Principal’s office.
- Gym and Field Use Policy
- Requests for all DCPS facilities, including the Janney field and gym, must be made through DPR for each season. Instructions for requesting use of the gym, as well as windows for making a request are forthcoming from DCPS/DPR. Once the process and procedures are available, the Janney community will be notified and information will be posted here.